Public project deliverables, papers in scientific journals and conferences, presentations and posters produced within the framework of the BeSmart research project will be available through this website.
- D.1. Review of driver behaviour
- D.2. Design of the 200-driver experiment and tool development / customization (expected)
- D.3. Apply of the 200-driver experiment (expected)
- D.4. Analysis of driving behavior and tool optimization (expected)
- D.5. Driving behavior and “road safety toolkit” (expected)
Papers in Scientific Journals
- Ziakopoulos, A., Tselentis, D. I., Kontaxi, A., Yannis, G., (2019) “A critical overview of driver recording tools” Journal of Safety Research
- Kontaxi, A., Ziakopoulos A., Yannis, G., (2020) “ Trip characteristics impact on the frequency of harsh events recorded via smartphone sensors” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies (Under Review)
- Kontaxi, A., Ziakopoulos A., Yannis, G., (2020) “Machine learning techniques for predicting the frequency of harsh events recorded via smartphone sensors” Frontiers in Psychology – Performance Science (Abstract accepted)
Papers in Scientific Conferences with full paper review
- Kontaxi A., Ziakopoulos A., Tselentis D., Yannis G. “A review of the impact of driver distraction on driving behavior and road safety”, Proceedings of 9th International Congress on Transportation Research, 24-25 October 2019, Athens, Greece
- Ziakopoulos , Kontaxi A., Yannis G., Tselentis D., Fortsakis P. “Advanced driver monitoring using smartphone applications: The BeSmart project”, Proceedings of 8th Transport Research Arena TRA 2020 (Conference cancelled)
- Tselentis D., Kostoulas G., Kontonasios K.-N., Fortsakis P., Yannis G. “Driver feedback during naturalistic driving experiments: A review of types, methods and future challenges”, Proceedings of 8th Transport Research Arena TRA 2020 (Conference cancelled)
- Kontaxi A., Ziakopoulos A., Papantoniou P., Yannis G., Kostoulas G. “Monitoring and Improving Driving Behaviour of Motorcyclists Through an Innovative Smartphone Application”, Proceedings of 7th Humanist Conference, Rhodes Island, Greece, 24-25 September 2020
Presentations in Scientific Conferences with abstract review
- Yannis G., Papantoniou P., Ziakopoulos A., Kontaxi A., Fortsakis P., Tselentis D. “Driver behavior telematics for safer, greener and smarter driving – The BeSmart project.” 4th ITS Hellas Workshop, 18-19 December 2018, Athens, Greece.
- Kontaxi A., Ziakopoulos A., Papantoniou P., Yannis G. “Smartphone applications for driver safety behaviour support –BeSmart” Nrso Workshop, 17 May 2019, Athens, Greece.
- Kontaxi A., Ziakopoulos A., Papantoniou P., Yannis G. “Impact of driver feedback on behavior and safety through a smartphone application” 2nd International Conference “Intermodal Transports: Innovations in Planning, Management, Business Development & Decision Making” (postponed)
- Kontaxi A., Ziakopoulos A., Papantoniou P., Yannis G. “Monitoring and Improving Driving Behaviour Through a Smartphone Application” 1st International Interdisciplinary Online Conference “The Traffic Society”, May 29 and 30, 2020